Thursday, September 20, 2007

I've always hated interviews. Well, to clarify I've always hated job interviews, but today el-e-e had this little interview meme on her site. And it looked like fun so I asked her to interview me. And now, I can interview YOU, if you so desire.

So here are the rules: Leave me a comment (you, yes you) saying “Interview me.” I will respond by emailing you or leaving a comment with five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don’t have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Here are the questions el-e-e gave me.

1. For a re-invigorating-your-life type vacation (let's say 10 days), would you choose a) a mountain retreat with skis in-hand, b) a beach getaway with swim-up bar, or c) a good old-fashioned sight-seeing trip abroad? Well, since I have no earthly idea how to ski and the thought of learning is truly frightening, AND I hate to be cold, I'm definitely going with the beach. PLUS the swim-up bar. Preferably with something cold and fruity to drink. Or a Corona with a lime. And while we're fantasizing, I'm going to give myself a perfect bikini bod. The thought of a sight seeing trip abroad is tempting, but the thought of jet lag does NOT appeal.

2. What inspired you to start blogging? Do you share your blog with friends and family? Why or why not? I've always wanted to write. If anyone asked me "What is your dream job?" I'd always reply that I wanted to be writer. But I never actually did any writing. Then I started reading a couple of blogs. And then I met some real, live published writers who encouraged me to write. And blogging seemed like a good way to start. No pressure, you know? I do share my blog with friends and family. I started out doing it because I wanted to get feedback on my writing. My mom is very honest and I appreciate that. She will tell me if something's bad (that's not to say that I like to hear it, but I appreciate it). I have other family members who read and comment occasionally, but I don't really know if they read every day or just every now and then.

3. What toppings do you like on your pizza? Thin crust or Pan? Should pizza be paired with beer, Coke, or Red Wine? I love veggie pizza. My dream pizza is a thin-ish crust (like Mellow Mushroom) with mushrooms, artichokes, spinach, tomatoes, and onions. Yummy! I really don't like to drink beer with food, so I prefer my pizza with coke. BUT, I am VERY particular about how my coke is poured. You can't just slosh it in the glass! It loses all its fizz! You have to pour it slowly down the side of the glass (just like beer!) for optimum fizz retention. There's nothing better than ice-cold coke served in a real glass over ice. Aaaah!

4. Who is your favorite cartoon character and why? I would definitely have to say Bugs Bunny. He defines the Saturday mornings of my childhood. And the cartoons were so intelligent.

5. If you had time to take an "enrichment" type of class, what would you take? Basket weaving? Guitar lessons? Victorian literature? Quantum physics? I'm tempted to say Victorian literature because that is one of my favorite eras. But since I've already taken a couple of classes in college, I'm going to say basket weaving. In fact, today at work I told a co-worker that I would definitely benefit from some basket weaving right about now -- something mindless, where your fingers can do all the work and let your mind wander. Do you think they would let me take the class in a white, padded room somewhere?

So, that's me. In a nutshell. Now it's your turn. If you want.

7 comments:

Deb R said...

I've done the Interview Game before, but it's been quite a while ago, so...Interview me! (if you want to!)

It was fun to read your answers.

Laurel said...

Why you may want to interview me: I have a long history of practicing my perfect David Letterman interview in my head, so I will be a very prepared interviewee.

Also, I do not think that my winning of your last contest should completely rule me out as your final choice here. After all, it is not my fault that I watch a lot of movies. I grew up in a town of 455 people. What else is there to do?

...Apparently one would watch a lot of movies and pretend she is being interviewed by David Letterman.

Lauren said...

Im drooling for pizza and a coke (zero) right now. And its not even 8am-wow.

el-e-e said...

great answers! you are SERIOUS about that Coke, wow! And I LURVH Mellow Mushroom pizza crust. It's the BEST.

1blueshi1 said...

this is fun! interview me! also I am now fantasizing about the swim up bar...hehe.

Anonymous said...

Fun interview! And I agree, Corono Light (with lime) is much better on it's own than with food. And preferably on an empty stomach. :-P

Anonymous said...

I like this idea, and FYI, I read every day but I don't always comment. Please interview me. My blog is on www.myspace.com/amymunnell. It isn't very good or very regular so this would be a nice jumpstart. You can email it to nega_writer@yahoo.com