Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bon Mots from Bubba

Bubba has been a pretty funny kid this week, so I thought I would share some of his gems with you.

1. Over the weekend, we discovered that the original Star Wars was on. Mr. Daddy tried to entice Bubba to watch, though Bubba has already seen it.

"Did you know, Bubba, that I was just about your age when Star Wars first came out?"

"Was it in black and white, Daddy?" Ooh, burn!

2. We've decided to go to West Virginia for Thanksgiving since several of Mr. Daddy's siblings live there and we haven't been to visit in a while. In fact, the last time we were there, Bubba was only about 7 months old, so obviously he has no memory of it.

Mr. Daddy has really been talking up the trip.

"We'll get to see your cousins. You'll get to see the town where I grew up. You'll even get to see the house I grew up in!"

"Was it uncovered by archaeologist?" (In Mr. Daddy's defense of Bubba's blatant attempts to make him feel old, this question was actually sparked by an article in our latest Smithsonian in which archaeologists think they have discovered George Washington's boyhood home. Bubba wants to be an archaologist, so I actually think he was a little disappointed that Mr. Daddy's house isn't a ruin.)

And finally, my favorite...

3. We were watching our fish the other night. We have 5 very small fish (The Scooby Gang) and two gold fish, Knox (as in Fort Knox since he's a goldfish) and Senor Pescado (because he looks as though he has a pencil thin mustache). Knox was really bugging the crap out of Senor, bumping him, pushing him out of the way, swimming around and around him.

"Wow, Knox is really being a bully!" Mr. Daddy exclaimed.

"Well," Bubba replied in a knowing, almost world-weary tone, "fish have their own lives you know."

9 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Fish do indeed have their own lives. I will never understand it all, but there is no doubt that they do. Bubba rocks!

for a different kind of girl said...

So, so adorable! I love how the minds of young kids spin.

calicobebop said...

I can just picture the sage Bubba informing his dad that "fish have their own lives." So funny! I love this age - you never know what they're going to say!

Lauren said...

Hahaha...i love that you said "burn". One of my favorites.

AndreAnna said...

"was it in black and white?" GAH! You've got a funny kid.

And I've never seen any of the Star Wars. My husband married me anyway, claiming I was a Commie.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee - Bubba cracks me up! You should ask him to write out some stories about their fishie lives. And then post them for us, of course!

Laurel said...

He's killin' me! Do you mind if I repeat, "Fish have their own lives?" I can think of many a situation where that little phrase will come in handy.

P.S. That was the pukey trip. Thanks for the oscar nomination!

Wineplz said...

Bubba cracks.me.up. I love the black-and-white comment. I never thought a kid his age would have any concept of black-and-white movies.

I need to start writing down what Gavin says because some of his stuff is pretty funny, too.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!