Thursday, August 6, 2009

Your Technilogical Assistance Required. Or Just Your Opinion.

I didn't get a chance to get on the computer last night because Mr. Daddy and I have bought a new computer and it arrived yesterday. Unfortunately, we assumed that we would be able to find our copy of Windows XP -- we just knew it was around here somewhere -- and so we bought a computer (CHEAP!) without an operating system. And then we couldn't find our our copy of Windows. Of course.

So, last night Mr. Daddy started investigating our options, including Linux, which you can download for free, 'cause you can bet your bippy I'm not paying $200 for Vista. But frankly, Mr. Daddy and I are not technically savvy AT ALL and neither of us really knows what the hell we're doing. So. We still have our old computer up but it's getting slower and slower every day. And we have this great new super-fast computer that we can't use.

Does anybody out there have a suggestion? Can you run iTunes on Linux? I know Mozilla works on it and I can live without Outlook. We don't really need Windows. Do we?

5 comments:

Tara said...

Me no help to you, unfortunatley. I'll ask Brian, though. He'll know more than me about this that is fo' sho!

Katie in MA said...

*crickets*

*you know, chirping*

Uhhh...I'll bring wine? :) Sorry - this is so not my thing. In fact, this is where I would panic and clean the place from top to bottom and then throw up when I couldn't find my OS cds.

Burgh Baby said...

Uh . . . check ebay for a copy of Windows 97? Maybe?

calicobebop said...

Girl, I'm sorry - no help at all here. The ebay advice sounds good to me! Can't use the new computer = very frustrating!

Queen Mother said...

Do what I do....call Steve!!!the all-knowing FREE computer guy!