That's what time I wake up every day. Well, to be honest, sometimes it's 3:48. And sometimes it's 4:02. But you get the picture.
That's not what time I WANT to get up. It's just what time my brain decides I need to be awake. Most of the time I'll fall back into a fitful doze until my alarm goes off at 5:00.
I get up feeling very groggy and not at all rested.
This has been going on for about two weeks now and frankly, I'm getting tired of it. I'm tired of being tired. I want to SLEEP.
I've never had problems sleeping. Any time, anywhere, give me some quiet, a light blanket, and dim the lights and I'm out. I'm a consummate napper, though lately I've given those up too. There just isn't enough time.
I suppose I could go to bed early, but I go to bed now between 9:00 and 9:30. I'm just not sure I can go to bed any earlier. I need my child-free time almost as much as I need my sleep.
So, I'm about to take desperate measures. I bought a sleep aid. I've used them occasionally before but I don't like to take them too often. I told Mr. Daddy today that I just want one night. Just one night. That's all I need.
My moments of grace over the past couple of days:
1. Singing O Come O Come Emmanuel at church.
2. Having a girls night with Punkin on Friday evening.
3. Finding new and old friends on Facebook and finding out that I haven't been forgotten. (yes, I finally joined the 21st century)
4. Watching Punkin and Bubba give each other a hug before bedtime.
5. Publix birthday cakes (sorry, Matt!)
6 years ago