So, I saw this on Fannie's Blog the other day, though it originated with Schmutzie, and thought it was a fantastic idea. You can click on the Schmutzie link and read all about it, but basically you're supposed to list 5 moments of grace every day, either something that happened that day, or something that happened at some point in your life.
I find that it's very easy to get sucked in by the frenzy of life and I often find myself feeling frustrated and pointing out everything that's wrong. This effort is going to be my way of trying to be more positive and to be aware of these moments of grace every day. So here we go:
1. I saw the most gorgeous sunrise this morning. Orange and pink and purple, the sky looked like it was on fire.
2. And then I saw a rainbow, even though it wasn't raining. The sunrise on one side of the sky was reflecting on a bank of clouds on the other side creating the first non-rain rainbow I've ever seen.
3. The frost covering the trees made everything looked as though it had been dipped in crystalized sugar.
4. Having lunch with three co-workers that I really like, enjoying their friendship.
5. Reading a bedtime story to my son and having him read part of it to me!