So I'm a little behind in my moments of grace. I promise I AM noticing them, even if I don't always post them here. Here are a few that really stick out from the past couple of days:
1. My first glass of eggnog of the season. With a little Captain Morgan's thrown in for good measure.
2. Sitting in the dark, with just the Christmas tree lit, looking at the lights.
3. Listening to the rain fall, pattering on the windows.
4. Watching a torrent of leaves fall, each one spiraling down individually.
5. A huge bank of clouds, reaching so high they looked like thunderheads. Except it's December.
6. Seeing the smile on Bubba's face and knowing how happy it's made him when I tell him that I've given him some money so he can shop in the Santa Shop at school.
(An aside, tonight while he was doing his homework he asked me what was my favorite thing to do. "Read," I replied. His eyes lit up and he looked like the cat that swallowed the canary. "I got..." he said, before Mr. Daddy cut him off with a "Don't tell her what you got her!" It looks like Bubba has inherited his uncle's inability to keep secrets!)
5 years ago