Sunday, May 4, 2008

THAT, my friends, is how you spell relief. That is a photo of a little girl eating Cheerios (that are staying down, I might add), who has had a bath, and is feeling much better. Though she weighs a good three pounds less than she did four days ago, she looks great!

The throwing up stopped around 1:00 yesterday, in part I think to the phenergen that finally stayed, um, in. Only to be replaced by a fever of nearly 103. BUT, I think that was the virus' last stand and in the end, good won out over evil.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts. Now we're all well just in time to go back to work! YAY! (please step around the massive amounts of sarcasm dripping from that last sentence).

11 comments:

AndreAnna said...

You poor things! SOrry she was so sick. Charlotte had rotavirus once and it lasted a week with puking and diarrhea. As soon as I would think it was over, she'd start again. And she was only like 9 months old. It was so sad. :(

Glad everyone is on the mend!

calicobebop said...

So glad she's feeling better! What a relief!

So now you have, what - 10 hours of weekend left? Don't burn them all in one place! :)

Burgh Baby said...

You have got to teach that kid to keep the sick relegated to the weekdays. It should be a law.

Glad she's feeling better! Now try to enjoy your Sunday.

Angie McCullagh said...

Oh, ugh. That sounds so hard. Glad you've all turned the corner.

Anonymous said...

yay, we never had a fever with ours and aside from one small middle of the night upchuck we've been vomit free today. We've also been nap free so tonight should be loads of fun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get to go to work tomorrow. THAT is a sad sad statement coming from me but seeing as I've been out more than there the past month I feel a wee bit obligated.

1blueshi1 said...

I will trade you. One vomiting baby for one stubborn eleven year old boy that I have to force through multiple assignments all weekend so he won't have so damn many zeros.
God, I'm exhausted.
Glad that Punkin is feeling better and I hope YOU don't come down with this! Stay well.

Birdie said...

awww, I"m glad she's feeling better. Sorry about the work thing. reality bites sometimes.

Lauren said...

Hooooray! So glad she's better-

Laurel said...

Okay, no more flu for either of us. Deal? Glad to hear that everyone is recovering there. What misery!

Amanda said...

Wow! I'm sorry to hear everyone got so sick. Nothing like a stomach bug to suck the fun out of everything. Glad to hear you're on the mend! :)

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Yay!!! She's doing better!! Happy dance.