Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Glimpse into Our Exciting Lives!!

Did you guys see THIS ? Or THIS ?
I.CANNOT.WAIT.FOR.COLLEGE.FOOTBALL.TO.START!! Okay, okay, I know it just ended, but with a ranking like that? That's something to be excited about. Now if I could just get tickets for next season!

Some miscellaneous things that we've been doing and things that have been said around our house lately:

Not long ago I was sitting with Bubba when he announced that I was going to have a baby boy. "Oh, really?" I replied, secretly hoping he didn't have some kind of psychic abilities. "Yes," he responded. "When I get married my mommie is going to have a baby boy." "Your wife, you mean?" I queried. "No," he said simply. I'm not going to have have a wife, just a mommie." Poor, poor girl.

On Saturday, Bubba informed me that when he got married he wasn't going to change ANY diapers. His mommie was going to do it. Here we go again. How very Oedipal! I tried to explain to him that mommies and daddies change diapers and that it would really be in his best interest to change a diaper -- especially if he wanted to have any more children. He was not convinced.

Punkin still has one higgie at bedtime (I say as I hang my head in shame). The other day I found another one in a dresser drawer and gave it to her. She had one in each hand. As her daddy walked by the door she crowed "Daddy! I have a different higgie!" He replied, "Something tells me that if you can SAY I have a different higgie, that you don't actually NEED a higgie." She was not convinced.

Mr. Daddy, Bubba, and I have been playing Yahtzee for the past two nights. Bubba saw it on a shelf and insisted we play. Of course, he loses interest very quickly, but last night Mr. Daddy and I played a full game. For the record, you know, just in case any one cares, I WON, I WON, I WON, I WON! Tonight as Bubba's interest started to wane he started flicking our dice after we rolled. "No, Bubba!" Mr. Daddy scolded. "You don't touch people's dice. That would get you shanked in the joint."

Punkin was having a tantrum about something one night. She kept saying "I want it. I want it" over and over. Finally, I said "Well, you can't always get what you want, but if you CRY sometimes, you might find you get what you need." That's what Mick said, right? I mean, surely he wrote that song when his kids were small? Right?

You can see we live exciting lives around here.

9 comments:

1blueshi1 said...

yes, I know about the exciting. last night I ate at a Chinese restaurant and tonight I am going to the Pompeii exhibit at the art museum and I am all, Wow, this is fun! I have missed fun! (tries to convince butt to shift from computer chair and start getting ready for work)

Lauren said...

I am SO EXCITED about next year! Though I have to say, one bad thing about having the most awesome football team ever is that tickets are going to be ridiculously expensive. Oh well. Thank goodness for ESPN right?

And Mr. Daddy's response to the higgy thing is hilarious!

Karen said...

First I have to ask what a higgie is. That's a new term on me.

I truly pity Bubba's wife, or mommie, or whoever the unlucky girl may be. My brother had very similar strong opinions and he's not married at 30. Hmmmm

Esme said...

Shanked in the joint...

I think I just snorted coffee out my nose and onto my computer! hahahhahaha

Burgh Baby said...

Is a higgie a pacifier? (We PA people apparently aren't up on our terminology these days.) If so, I would say that Mr. Daddy is right! Give it up, Punkin!

Bubba is hysterical. That is all.

Wineplz said...

"You don't touch people's dice. That would get you shanked in the joint."

Now that is some funny stuff!!!

As for Punkin's higgie, well, from one mother of a binky-obsessed child to another, see if you can coax her to sleep wiht a particularly special only-for-bedtime-toy instead. That's how we finally got Gavin off his binky at age 32 months (also hangs head in shame). We gave him a special Thomas train that we called Ni-Ni-Thomas. He could only have this toy at night. It had to stay on his bed--couldn't play with it during the day or anything. And when he asked for a binky, we said, "well, give me Ni-Ni-Thomas and I'll get your binky"...and let me tell you, that child fussed and moaned, but eventually chose the toy over the binky. The biggest challenge was actually enforcing the bedtime-only rule for that toy...he was scream and throw a fit that he couldn't play with it during the day, but bigger stubborn heads prevailed. Don't know if that will help Punkin at all...

Anonymous said...

I agree "shanked in the joint" is snort-able! LOL! Just wait till Bubba repeats that at the most inopportune moment.

Betsy said...

It's so good your kids are getting the important information about how to survive prison. You know. Just in case.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Awww... I remember a time when my boys wanted to marry me. After explaining to Boy-Child#2 that this was not appropriate or legal he wanted to marry his sister. Also not legal. Cute then. Creepy later.