The other day, Calicobebop tagged me for a meme and since I haven't done a meme in ages, I thought I would do this one. Plus, I'm supposed to talk about how great I am, so what's not to like, right? But seriously, enough about me. What do you think about me?
Just kidding. Sort of. I am supposed to write five positive things about me, which is actually harder than one might think. Not that I couldn't think of five things, but that I have a hard time admitting that I think these things are great about myself. I have a theory about women and their ability to brag on themselves, but that's another post for another day.
So let's get down to business. Five things I think are great about me.
1. I can do anything I set my mind to. I think it comes from being raised by a single mom, who often had to do for herself. And while I have gotten into the habit of letting my husband do things for me, if there's something I want to do, I can do it.
2. I have great dimples. In my cheeks. The uppers (cheeks, that is), as Precarious Tomato likes to say. When I was only an hour old my mom's co-workers were exclaiming over my dimples. And I'm just being honest when I say that these dimples have come in handy in my life. When I was pregnant I hoped that my children would get them and fortunately they did.
3. I am an excellent reader of moods and faces and body language in general. I can usually tell when something's wrong with someone around me, even if I don't really know that person very well. I think it's because I'm pretty attentive to details. I've often thought I would make an excellent Miss Marple-type detective because I notice details and I think I would know if someone was guilty or not.
4. I'm an excellent out loud reader, especially of children's books. I do voices. I make things scary when they should be scary. I make appropriate sound effects. I pause in the right spots. I would make an excellent children's librarian.
5. I'm a good conversationalist. I'm pretty well read and I know a little bit about a lot of stuff, which means that I can make inane conversation with the best of them.
And there you have it. I've gotten out of the habit of tagging people for memes, but I'm going to tag a couple of people because I think we could all brag on ourselves more often. Plus, I'd like to get to know more about you guys.
So, I tag Katie from Can't Get There From Here, Betsy at The Musings of a Wandering Mind, Colleen over at Wine Please, Nicole at Impostor Mom, and el-e-e over at Hello, Self. Tag, ladies. You're it!
6 years ago