Sorry about yesterday's post. Perhaps I should have posted a disclaimer or something at the top, you know, like "Don't read this if you are home alone at night, with the windows open." That sort of thing.
Anyhoo, I'm in kind of a silly mood tonight so I thought I would make a list of things I miss. People I miss. Pop culture stuff.
1. You Can't Do that on Television. Tonight Bubba was telling me about some kind of slime shoe you can get that had glow in the dark slime on it. I was telling him about how on the Nickelodeon of yore that if you said "I don't know" you'd get a bucket of slime dumped on you. Man, I loved that show. I watched it all the time. Christine, aka "Moose", Lisa, Kevin, Alasdair. Sadly, I just listed all those people from memory. Yes, this is the kind of stuff that takes up space in my brain.
2. Kevin Kline. Where is he these days? I mean, it just doesn't get much better than him -- good looks, good acting skills, sense of humor. You know, I almost saw him in real life once. We were at the High Museum of Art and he and Phoebe were in the gift shop after it closed, for some reason. I peeked through the windows but I couldn't really get a good look. I was this close. This close.
3. Bugs Bunny. You know, someone brought to my attention the other day one of the biggest differences in my childhood and that of my children: cartoons only came on one day a week when I was a kid. If you were lucky, you might get a Disney special on Sunday night, but Saturday morning was it. And for me, Bugs Bunny was the man. Or the woman, if he was cross dressing in that particular episode. When I told Bubba that I only got to watch cartoons one day a week he was incredulous. I felt like my grandparents "when I was a kid we had to walk to school every day. In the snow. Uphill. BOTH WAYS!"
4. I said it before, but I'll say it again: Buffy. As in the vampire slayer. Sigh.
5. Aussie Sprunch Spray. For my totally rad perm and my awesome bangs. I can still remember that kind of grape-y smell -- it is the smelltrack of my high school days. (Smelltrack is a new word I just made up, by the way. Kind of like a soundtrack, but for your nose). Oh, I know they still make it and I could still buy it, but I really don't need that kind of holding power these days. I don't even have bangs anymore. You can't really see my hair that well in this picture, but I found it and I just have to post it:
There are tons of other things that I miss, but Mr. Daddy's coming home tonight and I need to straighten up the house a bit. And no, that's not a euphemism.
6 years ago