In honor of my blog-baby turning one, I thought I would actually attempt to finish my "100 Things." I sincerely doubt I'll come up with 50 more tonight, but maybe I can come up with 10. EKBetsy over at The Musings of a Wandering Mind did 102! for her 102nd post and I sort of started feeling ashamed that I had seemingly abandoned mine. So, here we go.
50. When I'm swimming, I don't like to be splashed. I don't mind getting my hair wet or messing up my makeup (if I'm wearing any), but I just don't like to be splashed.
49. I have a thing about rings. I loooove rings. But I only wear one on each hand. Well, on my left hand my wedding "set" is actually three rings, but they're all on the same finger. I really have to watch myself to keep from compulsively buying rings.
48. Occasionally, I'm a glass half empty kind of person. Actually, I'm an "oh, God, the glass is empty, we're all going to thirst to death and then the kids will be sent to an orphanage and they'll have to work for their gruel" kind of person. I tend to think that the worst possible outcome is going to happen until Mr. Daddy talks me down.
47. I like beer. Usually cheap beer. Not cheap, cheap beer, but I'm not really a fan of the "good stuff." If it's too hoppy or too dark, I probably won't like it. Corona (or even Red Stripe) with a lime is God's perfect libation.
46. I don't discuss religion or politics with anybody. Not even Mr. Daddy.
45. I'm attending my first writing seminar on August 2nd and I'm so excited. And also scared to death.
44. Grover is my favorite Sesame Street character.
43. Kenny Rogers sang "Lady" to me -- and I mean, directly to me -- when I was in third grade. He was having dinner at my dad's restaurant.
42. I used to be really good at telling jokes. I remember one night after waiting tables at the Chart House, my co-workers and I sat around telling joke after joke after joke and I was the star of the show. That was a good feeling.
(In honor of our trip to Dollywood, I'll tell y'all one of my favorites. Did you hear that Dolly Parton was buying three grocery store chains: Big Star, Piggly Wiggly, and Harris Teeter? Yep, and she's going to change the name to Big Wiggly Teeters.)
41. I love roller coasters, but I cannot do spinning rides like the teacups....ugh....queasy...somebody stop this thing!
We're heading out to Dollywood tomorrow afternoon. I'll take lots of pictures, particularly of my funnel cake for those deprived individuals in the audience.
See you Sunday!
5 years ago