Friday, December 24, 2010

A Gift

I love Christmas music. I mean, who doesn't really? I have a favorite secular Christmas song (Silver Bells) and while I have several that are in the running for a semi-tie for favorite religious Christmas songs, probably my all-time favorite is the Harry Simeone Chorale version of "The Little Drummer Boy."



I love the harmony and the "brum brums," but mostly I love the message. Even the smallest, poorest among us have a gift we can bring -- to God, to the world, to our friends and family.

Merry Christmas!

I hope that this Christmas you learn to recognize the gifts you have to bring and that He smiles at you.

4 comments:

Amy Munnell said...

Me too!

Merry Christmas!

Queen Mother said...

This is a lovely post.

Matt said...

Exactly! My favorite Christmas song too! "inplayed my best for him...then he smiled at me..." how can you not love it?

el-e-e said...

Oh, yes. This one makes me cry nearly every time. Merry Christmas to you!!