Thursday, July 26, 2007

There's one in every crowd....

So tonight Mr. Daddy and I went to the information session about Bubba's new pre-K. Now understand that I'm already a nervous wreck about this because he's going to a brand new school where he knows no one. He's so excited that you can practically see it radiating off him (mostly because they have school buses) but I'm about to have a nervous breakdown.

Well, you know how there's always one guy (or girl as the case may be) in every crowd who just doesn't get it? Or keeps asking the same question somebody else just asked but he didn't notice because he was too busy whispering with the "cool parents" about the question he's about to ask? Yeah. Well. There were two of those there tonight. And they were all up in arms about the cost of the after school program. I'm sitting there flabbergasted because Bubba starting this program means about a $40 a week break for us. Forty bucks isn't much, but hey, I'll take what I can get. I felt like turning around and shouting "Have you priced any of the OTHER programs in the area lately. This one's a steal, so SHUT.UP. so we can all go home." And I don't even say shut up. It's not allowed in my house. It's like the worst thing you can say to me. I'd rather you tell me to go eff myself than to tell me to shut up (weird. I know.) So I'm chatting, very quietly mind you, with the mom next to me who seems genuinely nice. And all of a sudden, the guy behind me, the guy who's been running his mouth all evening -- he shushed me. HE actually shushed ME!! Fortunately, I didn't hear him, but Mr. Daddy did. He leaned over and said "I know Mr. Jabberjaw didn't just shush you." Hoo boy did that piss me off. If only I had heard him. I might have had to take a little inspiration from my friend Mir and get him told, as they say. So, I have seen the future of pre-k and all I can say is that I hope Bubba is not in the class with THOSE kids. They are BOUND to be trouble makers.

3 comments:

Deb R said...

Is it wrong if I confess I wish you'd heard Mr. Jabberjaw (great moniker!) and let him have a little what-for? It sounds like he needed it!! :-)

Peg of Tilling said...

My Mom never let us say "shut up" either.

Anonymous said...

Oh no...he DID NOT shush you! What a turd. And I mean that with the utmost respect.

The days of Pre-K...I can barely remember. My son starts COLLEGE on the 20th. Did I say COLLEGE? I think that I need a Xanex.