Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Count Your Blessings

We're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for the wilds of West Virginia. Well, not really the wilds, more like Huntington. We're off to see the wizard. No, not really. We're off to see Mr. Daddy's siblings, 4 of whom live there.

We'll be there through Sunday and are anticipating a good time. And we're hoping to see some snow. We southerners are easily pleased.

So, before we head out, I'm going to list some things I'm thankful for this year:

1. My family. Mr. Daddy. Bubba. Punkin. It's a good family. I like them. And I love them.

2. My extended family, all of whom will be celebrating here without me tomorrow. I'll miss you all.

3. Especially my mom, who is more than a mother -- a good friend.

4. My JOB. Thank God for my job.

5. And correspondingly my health insurance.

6. My health, so that I don't need aforementioned health insurance. And the health of my family, of course.

7. A warm place to live.

8. Friends, real-life and bloggy.

Since I've touched on the truly important things, I'm going to leave you with a few trivial things I'm thankful for:

9. Gingerbread Lattes. WITH whipped cream

10. Homegrown tomatoes.

11. Robert Pattinson. Rawr! (Can I just admit here that I was completely against his casting in Twilight but am now and forever more converted. I'd post a picture but pictures just don't do him justice.)

12. Music. Particularly this song. I can't get it out of my head. (I tried to embed it, but youtube wouldn't let me -- go check it out. You won't be sorry.)

I hope you all have a wonderful, stress free Thanksgiving. See you next week!

12 comments:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said...

Have a great trip. All y'all will be missed.

AndreAnna said...

Have a good time!

I love the Ting Tings!

Check out their song Fruit Machine. it's so fun!

Lauren said...

Speaking of gingerbread lattes...i walked into kroger the other day (which has a starbucks in it) and the nice lady there walked up to me and handed me the biggest gingerbread latte of all times, and said it was a "mess up and would i like it?". Wasn't that nice??!! So I am thankful for the sweet Starbucks lady!!!

Happy turkey day!

MacKenzie said...

I'm thankful for a coworker who keeps me sane AND shares my love of celeb gossip!

Have a fab trip!!

Laura said...

the gingerbread latte is something we should all be thankful for.

HalfAsstic.com said...

How nice! And I love your things to be thankful for list! Very insightful. I must say that I happen to agree with all of them too. Not too hard to get behind this post!

calicobebop said...

Girl I am totally with you on Robert Pattinson. Rawr indeed! Have fun this holiday!

Karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

1blueshi1 said...

Happy Thanksgiving and a safe trip with no arguing over the DVD player!

Dysd Housewife said...

Hope you have a great Tday, and AMEN to all you are thankful for!

Wineplz said...

I'm thankful for lovely bloggy friends like you.
Hope your trip was wonderful, the family and food were phenomenal, and that you swing a bit east on your ride home to holler at me. :)

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up! Good list - but I got stuck on Robert Pattinson. My youngest sister tricked me into reading all of the books, but I refuse to see the movie because the casting is all wrong (except for Bella). Yes, this is what my grown-up life is like: worrying over the casting of movies I refuse to see. :) So it was good, eh?