We're leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for the wilds of West Virginia. Well, not really the wilds, more like Huntington. We're off to see the wizard. No, not really. We're off to see Mr. Daddy's siblings, 4 of whom live there.
We'll be there through Sunday and are anticipating a good time. And we're hoping to see some snow. We southerners are easily pleased.
So, before we head out, I'm going to list some things I'm thankful for this year:
1. My family. Mr. Daddy. Bubba. Punkin. It's a good family. I like them. And I love them.
2. My extended family, all of whom will be celebrating here without me tomorrow. I'll miss you all.
3. Especially my mom, who is more than a mother -- a good friend.
4. My JOB. Thank God for my job.
5. And correspondingly my health insurance.
6. My health, so that I don't need aforementioned health insurance. And the health of my family, of course.
7. A warm place to live.
8. Friends, real-life and bloggy.
Since I've touched on the truly important things, I'm going to leave you with a few trivial things I'm thankful for:
9. Gingerbread Lattes. WITH whipped cream
10. Homegrown tomatoes.
11. Robert Pattinson. Rawr! (Can I just admit here that I was completely against his casting in Twilight but am now and forever more converted. I'd post a picture but pictures just don't do him justice.)
12. Music. Particularly this song. I can't get it out of my head. (I tried to embed it, but youtube wouldn't let me -- go check it out. You won't be sorry.)
I hope you all have a wonderful, stress free Thanksgiving. See you next week!
6 years ago