Tuesday, August 7, 2007

And the exhaustion sets in....

After sleeping like a dream for 3 nights in an unfamiliar environment, guess who slept like a baby last night in her own little bed? And by baby I mean waking every couple of hours and crying like your heart is going to break. Did you say Punkin'? Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Give the lady down in front a shiny new attagirl!

So, I'm exhausted. Plus, I spent the day with Bubba -- one last day of freedom before pre-K starts. Do you hear that? No? Me either! Blessed silence. I love Bubba but good grief he is a talker. One funny random note-- at supper tonight Bubba said out of the blue "I don't want to be bad, but I really want to see what jail looks like." I nearly snarfed milk out of my nose. Do they have a "Scared Straight" for preschoolers?

Since I"m tired, I'm going to do a meme that I found over a Lulu's Laundry. I'm supposed to list 8 random facts about myself. Here we go:

1. I love celebrity gossip. As much as I profess to be sick of hearing about Paris and Nicole and Lindsey, I can't help myself. There' s a website I check several times a day called dlisted. If you check it out, please be aware that the guy is very often crude, crass, gross and not safe for work. But I still check it out anyway.

2. I have a tattoo and two piercings. Well, technically just one piercing now, in my ear. Technically it's called a tragus piercing, but since it's in the ear, it seems kind of tame to me (I secrety want to have a tiny little stud in my nose). I used to have my belly button pierced but Mr. Daddy guilt tripped me out of that one by saying "Don't you think you're a little too old for that?" I think I was 28. I've regretted taking it out ever since, although the state of my stomach after two kids and a c-section doesn't really lend itself to a navel piercing. The one in my ear? It'll be there when I'm ninety. I'm holding on to the last vestiges of my coolness with tooth and claw!

3. I love soup. I could eat it any time of day, any weather. In fact, I just ate some Campbell's chicken noodle soup and it's like 100 degrees outside. By the way, you should only dilute it with half a can of water, no matter what the directions say. It's much better that way. When I graduated from high school, my mom's friend gave me a case - A CASE -- of Campbell's cream of chicken. The secret to that one is to stir it really well before you add the water. That way, no lumps!

4. I don't like for people to flush the toilet when I'm in the shower because I have this weird phobia that the water from the toilet is somehow now raining down on me in the shower. I KNOW that's not happening, but I can't help it. I never said it was rational.

5. I don't know what to do with commas. I have an English degree and I've written tons of papers. Part of my current job is producing our department newsletter. But I still don't know what to do with commas. If I pause in a sentence, a comma's goin' in. Although I have become sort of partial to dashes.

6. I'm sort of stealing this one from Lulu. I met my husband in a bar, too. He worked there and I waited tables at the place next door. We got engaged one month after our first date and were married eight months later. We've been married ten years.

7. I can read a book in a day. Not that I get much chance to these days, but it has happened fairly recently.

8. I hate grocery shopping. With an all consuming passion. When most people dream about what they would do with their lottery winnings it's usually new car, new house, travel. Me? I'd hire somebody to do my grocery shopping. Now that's the good life!

I don't know enough bloggers to "tag" -- or at least not well enough yet to feel free to tag them, but if you want to do this meme, feel free.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1: Me too! I say ashamedly. But you have to check out www.thesuperficial.com. Also a NSFW kind of site, but if you love celebrity gossip and snarking, then you have to check it out. I'm so bad.

#5: Me too! I'm a technical writer, so technically, I should know where to put commas. Technically.

#6: Me too! Well, GR and I met in a bar and we moved in together 6 months later. A year later we were married, and now 14 years later, we're still truckin' along!

#8: Me too! And if I could pay someone to go to the gas station and bank for me, my life would be bliss.

Exhausted? Me too!

I think it's way too late for me to be commenting on blogs...

precarious tomato said...

Whoever invented grocery shopping is TOTALLY off my Christmas card list. Especially the guy who put the peanut butter cups up by the checkout line.

MacKenzie said...

2. I used to have my nose pierced. I had it pierced twice actually. It fell out both times. The second time I figured was the world's way of saying, "Okay, Mac. It's time to get rid of it."

3. The soup stirring thing is a great tip. I hate lumpy soup.

5. Girl, I got your back on the commas. Also, I hope I had a little something to do with your newfound love of dashes.

8. I actually enjoy grocery shopping. Am I a masochist?